Dave Ramsey is a trusted voice on money matters and a personal money management expert. His 13-week Financial Peace University program has sold millions of copies, helping hundreds of thousands of families achieve financial freedom and become debt free by following his simple steps.FPU helps families dump their debt, get control of their money, and invest in their future. His 7-step program includes:
- $1,000 In an Emergency Fund. Dave recommends that you put aside a lump sum to prepare for a rainy day.
- Pay Off All Debt. After that, it's time to tackle your debt! Pay down any credit cards, loans, or other high-interest debt.
- 3 to 6 Months Expenses in Savings. As soon as you've completed the first two steps, start to put away enough money to cover between 3 to 6 months of your household's expenses.
- Invest 15% Of Income Into Roth IRAs and Pre-Tax Retirement Plans. When your expenses are covered and your savings is fully funded, it's time to invest in the future.
- College Funding. If you have children who plan to head to college, you can start saving for their college funds.
- Pay Off Your Home Early. Now's the time to pay off your biggest investment— your home!
- Build Wealth and Give! It's time to share your wealth. Continue to build your savings account and give to your favorite causes.
When families buckle down and take control of their personal finances, they find the success they never dreamed would be possible. Rather than depending on overburdened, high-interest credit cards, they start to pay cash. They recognize the power of being debt free.
What is an Endorsed Local Provider?
It's become increasingly complicated to find trustworthy and competent investment advisors, realtors, insurance agents or tax services. There are too many lazy businesses and too many unfulfilled promises.
That's where Endorsed Local Providers (ELPs) come into the picture.
How ELP Fits into Insurance
Dave Ramsey wants to help his fans find trusted, accomplished professionals, from real estate agents to financial advisors to insurance professionals, who will give the same helpful advice that they're used to hearing from Dave. The ELP program is a network of endorsed professionals who are held accountable by members of Dave's team and customers.
Being a Ramsey ELP isn't easy. Dave has a 45-person team that interviews potential ELPs several times and provides support to make sure they're providing the same advice Dave would give. Dave's team also makes sure Ramsey ELPs are people you'd feel comfortable talking to and are trustworthy.
On top of that, Dave's team evaluates ELPs performance every month. Also, every person who uses an ELP has a chance to grade them based on their personal experience through surveys.
One of the main requirements of an ELP is to carry the heart of a teacher. No one likes to be talked down to or made to feel as if they don't matter. ELPs must be trusted to provide top-notch customer service. Other ELP requirements include:
- Must be an independent agent (captive agents are not accepted).
- Believe in Dave's teachings.
- An established professional.
- Love helping people.
- Agree to extreme levels of customer service.
- Can explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
- Put the client's needs first.
- Have proper licensing and active insurance license and in good standing.
- Agree to help clients based on Dave Ramsey's principles.
What ELP Means to Us
At Thrive Insurance, we take great pride in this endorsement from Dave Ramsey. Being an ELP means we're held to a higher standard of excellence. It's an endorsement that's earned and one we don't take lightly.
While we don't work for Dave, we have the same basic financial philosophies and we share the same goal: to help you achieve your financial goals.
Just as you'd feel more comfortable with a ELP real estate agent with selling your home, you can rest easy when you work with an insurance agent with the Dave Ramsey seal of approval. You can trust that we'll find the right insurance plan for your personal finances and unique needs.
Thrive Insurance understands challenges you're going through to pay off debt, invest in your future, and accumulate wealth. Contact Thrive today and let us help you achieve financial peace.
SEE ALSO: Changing The Perception Of Insurance